Read further if you cannot decide if Cork flooring is suitable for you.
Cork flooring has the following characteristics:
- Cork is a renewable resource. The bark of the Cork tree is peeled to make cork products. In a few years, the bark grows back and ready to be harvested again.
- Cork is a fairly good insulator that will not conduct heat like wood or tile flooring. It is not a good option for radiant heat.
- Cork feels great to walk on barefoot because it feels soft and it is never too hot or too cold.
- It is not hard surface, so it is great for children's rooms.
- It is a great choice for areas such as kitchens or laundry rooms, where you stand for long periods of time. However, any water spill should be cleaned up fairly quickly.
- Cork in its nature does not offgas. However be sure that the product you buy is treated with low or zero VOC finish.
- Cork flooring is available in floating panels that snap together and is ideal for a DYI application. There is an air space under the panels. Make sure that a felt underlayment is installed to prevent excessive noise when you walk.
|available in many colors (Cork by DuraDesign)|
- There are a wide array of finishes and looks available to fit your taste.
You can mix different colors to create a design of your choice.
- Cork flooring can be recycled.
- It is not an ideal product for a sunny area because it fades in bright light.
We love this product because of its wonderful qualities and availability in a variety of colorful finishes.